JOINT BASE ANACOSTIA-BOLLING, Washington D.C. –
As the Joint Base Commander, I sincerely appreciate everyone’s efforts over the last 16 months on the COVID front. We, as a team, have preserved our critical National Defense capabilities for America by protecting the force and protecting our families. Our efforts have resulted in a reduction of COVID infection cases and positive test results within the National Capital Region and across our great Nation.
Given this effort, and in concert with Office of the Secretary of Defense guidance and full evaluation of our local data, I am decreasing the HPCON level for Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling from “BRAVO” to “ALPHA” effective 0500 hrs, 9 Jul 2021. This move has been synchronized with all National Capitol Region installations, bases, and reservations.
Attached is the Office of the Director of Administration and Management guidance making the transition on the Pentagon reservation. Significant items of note:
- Commanders and supervisors will provide maximum telework opportunities to all current telework eligible employees
- Physical distancing remains at 6 feet
- Occupancy will not exceed more than 90% of normal occupancy. The 90% maximum occupancy target is a limitation as to how many may be in the office, not a goal which organizations should be striving to achieve
- Medically vulnerable personnel will continue to be permitted to self-declare their condition and pursue telework, when possible
- Mask wearing still required for persons not fully vaccinated; mask wearing should be worn on public conveyances and mass transit
- Components impacted by this change should provide personnel ample notification (typically 30 days), to adjust work schedules or telework status (consistent with any applicable collective bargaining agreements)
This is a welcome change, but we all need to remain vigilant. Our posture will not relax that much in this transition. We will continue to push maximum telework where we can, and we will be reassessing the information on a daily basis.
Thanks for your continued help on this pandemic front, and thank you all for what you do each and every day!
Colonel Mike “Goose” Zuhlsdorf
Commander, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling & Commander, 11th Wing