Col. Catherine M. Logan serves as the Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling installation commander and the 11th Wing commander at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C. As commander of the host wing and installation, she is responsible for providing security, personnel, contracting, finance, medical, and infrastructure support to the 11th Wing, approximately 70 mission partner units on the installation, and more than 17,000 military and civilian employees and their families throughout the National Capital Region. The approximately 1,000-acre installation is home to a range of military and civilian agency mission partners including Marine Helicopter Squadron One, the White House Communications Agency, the Joint Air Defense Operations Center, the Defense Intelligence Agency, United States Coast Guard Station Washington, and Navy and Air Force Ceremonial Guards.
Prior to assuming her position as JBAB and 11th Wing commander, she served as the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services (A1), United States Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Florida, where she advised command senior leaders on all personnel matters across six active duty, one Reserve and two Air National Guard Special Operations Wings.
Colonel Logan entered the Air Force in 1999 as a distinguished graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s ROTC program. She has served in a variety of manpower, personnel, and services positions at the base, major command, Air Staff, and Joint levels.
1999 Bachelor of Science, Industrial & Management Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
2000 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2002 Master of Business Administration, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2007 Air Force Intern Program, IDE in-residence, Washington, D.C.
2008 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence
2013 Air War College by correspondence
2016 Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Washington, D.C.
2016 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. Jun 1999 – Jun 2000, Manpower & Organization Officer, Charleston AFB, South Carolina
2. Jun 2000 – Jun 2001, Manpower Deputy Chief, Charleston AFB, South Carolina
3. Jun 2001 – Jun 2002, Operations Group Executive Officer, Charleston AFB, South Carolina
4. Jun 2002 – Jul 2003, HQ USAFE Mission Requirements Manpower Officer, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. Jul 2003 – Jun 2004, HQ USAFE Support Requirements Manpower Officer, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. Jul 2004 – Apr 2005, 53rd Test and Evaluation Group Section Commander, Nellis AFB, Nevada
7. Apr 2005 – Jul 2006, 57th Wing Executive Officer and Director of Personnel, Nellis AFB, Nevada
8. Aug 2006 – Jun 2007, Air Force Intern, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. Jul 2007 – May 2008, Combat Support Flight Commander, Andrews AFB, Maryland
10. May 2008 – Mar 2009, Manpower and Personnel Flight Commander, Andrews AFB, Maryland
11. Mar 2009 – Mar 2010, Legislative Liaison Executive Officer, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. Mar 2010 – June 2011, Air Force Vice Chief of Staff Executive Officer, Pentagon, Washington, D.C
13. July 2011 – June 2013, Commander, 52nd Force Support Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
14. July 2013 – July 2015, Director, A1 Action Group, Pentagon, Washington, D.C
15. July 2015 – June 2016, Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
16. July 2016 – May 2018, Chief, Joint Strength Management Branch, HQ USSOCOM J1, MacDill AFB, Florida
17. May 2018 – April 2019, Chief, Military Personnel & Manpower Division, HQ USSOCOM J1, MacDill AFB, Florida
18. May 2019 – May 2020, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
19. July 2020 – September 2021, Director, Manpower, Personnel and Services (A1), United States Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Florida
20. September 2021 – Present, Commander, 11th Wing and Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS:
1. July 2016 – May 2018, Chief, Joint Strength Management Branch, HQ USSOCOM J1, MacDill AFB, Fla., as a lieutenant colonel
2. May 2018 – April 2019, Chief, Military Personnel & Manpower Division, HQ USSOCOM J1, MacDill AFB, Fla., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with 1 oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
AF Commendation Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
AF Achievement Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with 2 oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device with 1 oak leaf cluster
AF Organizational Excellence Award with 3 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1999
First Lieutenant June 2, 2001
Captain June 2, 2003
Major Feb. 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Nov, 1, 2012
Colonel Feb. 1, 2019
(Current as of September 2021)